TMF Hazard Orientation must be given to all new employees (existing TMF employees to catch up with the requirement), science users, or visitors before leaving TM-17 to conduct any work. Two ways this may be accomplished either via the video/CD or review the documentation with their supervisor or sponsor. The signed documentation is kept on file and is required for tracking purposes.
The video may be viewed at TMF or online. Click here to view video.
Safety and Health Program Requirements:
- TMF Hazard Orientation
- If working alone at anytime you must sign out a Personal Alert Button from the Operations desk and wear it at all times. This button will sound an alarm when triggered that alerts our Notifier Panel. The Notifier Panel indicates where you are and notifies our Operations Staff and Apple Valley Communication of a possible problem. The Operations Staff will investigate the trouble and report or seek emergency help.
- The JPL Science User is required to perform or obtain the proper safety office approval for the following:
- Pre Operational Safety Review
- PPE Assessment
- Job Hazard Analysis
- PPE Training
- Training in all applicable areas (examples:)
- Hazard Communication
- Fall Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Chemical Hygiene Plan
- Site Specific Training (LN2 handling and filing procedures)
- Colleges or outside businesses must provide the same information to JPL Safety Office for review and acceptance before they will be allowed to work at TMF. They are responsible to conduct their safety training and prove it was done. They must also provide a signed copy of their organization's IIP (if working for a California based company that has 10 or more employees) for review and acceptance by JPL Occupational Safety Office. All signed documentation must be on file at TMF.